Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment 2017: How to ace it?
On the 18th October 2017, it was published on the website of the Rajasthan Police that they are going to recruit 5390 constables in various capacities in one of the oldest police department of the country, yes, Rajasthan Police came into being 1951. The examination will be held online for all the posts, be it general duty or driver or band or Maharana Pratap Battalion constables. The written will be of 75 marks followed by physical test and skill test, wherever applicable. This has come as a Diwali bonanza to lakhs of job aspirants since it gives an opportunity to serve while being in the home state and that also, in the most powerful department of the state, the police department.
Let’s decode the Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment 2017
The various important points regarding this recruitment process are as follows:
· Date of application: From 23rd October – 21st November 2017
· Scheme of Examination: Written online exam of 75 marks which will consist of logical reasoning (30 marks), history and geography of Rajasthan (30 marks) and General Awareness (15 marks). This will be followed by physical test and skill test, if applicable for the post.
· Education qualification: For police constable in any district police, one needs to be a matriculate whereas for the RAC battalion, 8th standard pass will do. However, for telecommunications disciple, you require to pass higher secondary with maths and physics as one of the subjects from any recognized board in order to be eligible.
· Emoluments: As per the notification, the constables will get a monthly fixed remuneration of Rs 8910/- for the first two years of their service whereas after that, they will be allotted the Rs 5200-20200 pay band with the grade pay of Rs 2400/-
· Age Limit: For any discipline other than driver, the age limit is 18-23 years whereas for the drivers, the age limit is 18-26 years. There is relaxation as per the prescribed norms of the central as well as the state government in this exercise.
· Application fee: The application fee required will be Rs 400 for the general and OBC candidates whereas for others, this will be Rs 350/-
Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment 2017: Online Exam needs online preparation
Now that we are well acquainted with the exam pattern and all other relevant aspects of this recruitment, the next important step is to prepare your best to crack it. The most important change that has been observed in this examination is the introduction of online examination in the written examination process. Now, to be prepared for this, the first thing you should do is you should move your preparation also online so that in the examination hall, you are not caught unawares.
· Cover the syllabus: This cannot change with respect to any examination and well, the same holds true for this examination as well. First cover the syllabus and also revise the same so that you are well accustomed with the type and pattern of questions that can come in the actual examination.
· Previous year papers help a lot: This is again true for any other examination on the planet and for this you should gather at least last 5 years paper and go through them by solving them. This will give you the first-hand experience of facing the examination with the actual question paper.
· Online practice will hold the key: Only covering the syllabus and revising it will not do the trick this time since technology is going to play a lot of role this time in this examination. To beat this, you also have to accommodate technology in your preparation. Practice things online rather than on pen and paper. Take sectional tests or any other quiz online. This will give you an idea about an online exam and at the same time, will give you much needed confidence before facing the actual online examination.
· Be an online pro: It has been seen time and again in case of online examinations that, computers have played the spoilsport and you may have not been able to give your best. It can be the same this time around also. So, keep your cool in case of any snag in your system during the examination and intimate your invigilator immediately. If you have been practicing the computer examination for a long time, you will be able to easily develop this cool attitude since without this, a small problem can derail your realistic chances of selection in the exam. So, be familiar with the issues as well.
· Online test series is your key to success: Having said time and again that online examination is completely different from offline papers, the last but not the least part is that online test series is a must in the preparation of this important examination. Once you are through with the syllabus, the first thing you should do is to subscribe to an online test series and make sure it is a standard one so that you get the actual level that may come in the actual examination. Most of the websites let you take a sample test before you purchase, so choose wisely before splurging money on any test series. But, just keep this in mind this is compulsory for your success, especially if you are not that comfortable with computers, you should do it all the more. Even if people who are comfortable with computers, taking an online examination is completely a different ball game altogether compared to surfing internet or playing games. So, finish your syllabus as soon as possible and focus all your energy on the delivering phase of your preparation which is doing well in the examination. Your preparation will be of no good if you can’t apply it properly at the right time and if you fail because of only a computer based exam that hurts even more. Therefore, the key to selection is to practice as much online tests as possible before the examination.
** Candidates are advised to cross check with the official site.