MCQ based on UNION BUDGET 2016-17
1. The Clean Environment Tax has been doubled to Rs.400 per tonne, this will raise the price of power by:
a) 10 paise per unit
b) 15 paise per unit
c) 20 paise per unit
d) 25 paise per unit
2. Gold import creates a trade deficit of nearly _______ in the country.
a) 100 billion dollars
b) 150 billion dollars
c) 130 billion dollars
d) 200 billion dollars
3. In the Union Budget 2016-17 the Disinvestment Department (DD) has been renamed as:
a) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM)
b) Department of Disinvestment and Public Asset Management (DDPAM)
c) Niti Aayog
d) Disinvestment and Public Sector Management (DPSM)
4. Under which section, the relief to the taxpayers has been increased from Rs.2000 to Rs.5000, as announced in the Budget 2016-17?
5. Which act will be amended in the financial year 2016-17 to increase the members and benched of Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT)?
a) SEBI Act
b) IRDA Act
c) PFRDA Act
d) All of the above
6. Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT) presided by Justice JP Devadhar is a:
a) Constitutional body
b) Statutory Body
c) Quasi-Judicial Body
d) None of these
7. Under which mission the consolidated electronic marketplace for agricultural produce to help aid better price discovery and realization by farmers is being created, as announced in the Union Budget 2016-17?
a) Krishi Vikas Yojna
b) National Digital Literacy Mission
c) National Skill Development Mission
d) National Food Security Mission
8. Which amongst the following country is the fastest growing major economy as forecasted by IMF in 2016?
9. Read the following statements derived from the Union Budget 2016-17, tick the correct option that follows.
Statement I: A new health protection plan that will provide health cover of up to Rs.1 lakh per family is to be launched.
Statement II: Provision of a top-up package for those above 52 years belonging to poor and economically weak families.
a) Statement I is correct
b) Statement II is correct
c) Both I & II are correct
d) Neither I nor II is correct
10. Where is the only bench of Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT) located?
d) New Delhi
For more, visit www.practiceguru.in