Railway Budget 2016-17
1. Which institution in Rail Budget 2016-17 is proposed to be upgraded to a full-fledged rail university?
a) National Academy of Indian Railways at Vadodara
b)Indian Railway Institute of Electrical Engineering at Nasik
c) Indian Railway Institute of Transport Management at Lucknow
d) Indian Railway Institute of Civil Engineering at Pune
2. Inventory Management module of TMS has resulted in inventory reduction by _______ MT resulting in saving of Rs.64 crore and scrap identification of 22,000 MT equivalent to Rs.53 crore.
3. In the Rail Budget 2016-17, Antyodaya Express and Deen Dayalu coaches are targeted for:
a) Reserved Passengers
b) Unreserved Passengers
c) Senior Citizens
d) Female Passengers
4. Antodaya express is a:
a) Fast Passenger Train
c) Superfast train
d) None of these
5. Which amongst the following is not a category of passenger service in Indian Railways?
a) Duranto Express
b) Yuva Express
c) Kavi Guru Express
d) Anand Express
6. Rail Budget 2016-17 announces new train category, _______, which would be fully airconditioned third AC service with an optional service for meals.
7. The newly introduced passenger service, Tejas train, will offer onboard services like:
a) Local Cuisine
d) All of the above
8. The introduction of overnight double-decker train, Utkrisht Double Decker Air-conditioned Yatri (UDAY) Express on the busiest routes will increase the passenger carrying capacity by almost
9. In the Rail Budget 2016-17, the e-booking of tickets on the concessional passes is made available to:
a) Cancer Patients
b) Physically Challenged Persons
d) All of the above
10. Cancellation of PRS tickets requires a passenger to travel to a booking window to avail the refund, within a prescribed time. This is a source of great discomfort. The Rail Budget 2016-17 opens the facility of cancellation through the ______ helpline post verification using ‘One Time Password’ sent on registered phone number.